6 safety tips for you
With social distancing want of the hour, use of social media platforms like Facebook, WhatsApp and others to attach with family and friends has elevated.
This has additionally resulted in a rise in potential dangers related to these platforms.
Fraudsters attempt to lure harmless folks through these social media platforms. This could also through pretend job gives, promoting counterfeit merchandise of in style manufacturers and extra.
From proscribing entry to non-public information to being cautious about accepting good friend requests, Cyber Dost — the cybersecurity and cybersecurity consciousness deal with maintained by the ministry of home affairs has shared some necessary suggestions to assist keep away from such frauds. Here’s over to them:
1. Sharing your delicate private particulars corresponding to a deal with, cellphone quantity, Aadhaar quantity, picture, date of beginning and so on. on social media makes it simpler for a stalker to misuse such particulars to harass you. It is advisable to not publish such particulars on social media.
2. It is advisable to make sure that your private info, pictures and movies if posted on social media, are accessible solely to your trusted ones. Select “privacy settings” on social media accordingly.
3. Be cautious whereas accepting good friend requests from strangers on social media. It might be a lure to trigger hurt later.
4. Do not belief on-line mates until & can belief them in actual life.
5. Cybercriminals typically create pretend social media profiles to befriend potential victims for acquiring their confidential or private information or acquire belief to trigger hurt sooner or later. Be cautious of on-line good friend requests you settle for.
6. If you’re a sufferer of cyberstalking; seek the advice of your mother and father, mates or kin and file a grievance towards the cyber stalker with the National Cyber Crime Reporting Portal/ Police. Also save all communications with the stalker, as proof.